Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a Lost & Found?
Yes we do. It is in our Office Lobby located on the first floor. It is on the Embarcadero side of the building, between the historic stairs and the North Arcade shops.
The direct phone number is 415-983-8007.
We hope you find what you are looking for.
- What are the winter holiday hours of the Ferry Building Marketplace?
On Sunday, December 25 in observance of the Christmas holiday, all of the shops and the building itself will be closed. On New Year’s Eve and New Years Day, the building and the shops will be open, but with shortened hours. The FARMERS MARKETS will be running on regular schedule for the next two weeks.
- What are the hours of the Ferry Building Marketplace?
The building opens at 7am and closes at 10pm, but the shops in the marketplace have their own hours. There are over 50 shops and the hours vary, but generally they open at 10am and close at 7pm, Mondays through Fridays; open at 9am and close at 6pm on Saturdays; and open at 11am and close at 5pm on Sundays.
Please check the individual merchant listings for specific times, days and phone numbers.
- Where do you park when visiting the Ferry Building?
Preferred parking location for the Ferry Building is at the Washington & Embarcadero Lot. Additional public parking can be found in lots along the Embarcadero and open, metered street parking.
- Where is handicapped parking and access located?
Handicapped parking is located in the parking lots that serve the Ferry Building. For easy access, customers may also drop off handicapped passengers directly in front of the building along the two curb-cuts, and then park the in the approved lots to avoid being towed at the owners’ expense. For details, view the parking and transportation page.
- Are there bike racks at the Ferry Building?
There are three sets of bike racks at both the north and south ends of the building outside on the back plaza.
The Ferry Building accepts no responsibility for bikes left at any of the racks.
- Where are the public restrooms?
There are two sets of public restrooms in the north and south ferry terminal pass throughs of the building. All are wheelchair accessible.
- Does the Ferry Building offer ATMs?
Bank of America Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) are located inside the Ferry Building in the north and south pass throughs.
- Are there areas to store my purchases while I shop?
Shoppers are encouraged to bring shopping bags, as there are no lockers or storage areas on-site.
- What and where is the Veggie valet?
On Saturdays ONLY, The Ferry Plaza Farmers Market offers a service called the “Veggie Valet” for customers who purchase items at the Farmers Market and wish to have them held while they continue shopping. This unique service is offered during operating hours of the Farmers Market Saturday only, and is free of charge. It is located in the front of the building near the center of the outdoor market. Look for the green Veggie Valet sign, or ask for information at the CUESA info booth
- Is there seating available on-site?
There are a limited amount of public benches available located on the Bayside of the building on the promenade. Additional seating is available in the Central Pass through in the Waiting Area. Several merchants and all restaurants have seating available in their shops and on outdoor patios for guests to enjoy.
- What is the address of the Ferry Building?
One Ferry Building
San Francisco, California
- What are the Farmers Market days and hours?
Hours of operation are:
Tuesday, 10am – 2pm (year round)
Thursday, 10am – 2pm (year round)
Saturday, 8am – 2pm (year round)
- What can one expect at the Farmers Market?
The Saturday Farmers Market is one of the most highly acclaimed farmers markets in the United States. The arcades surrounding the Ferry Building becomes a national showcase for organic produce and artisan foods, expanding to locations on the back plaza on Saturdays. You can enjoy the freshest seasonal produce direct from the grower, as well as fine artisan cheeses, breads, preserves, grass-fed meat and organic coffee. There is also an array of prepared foods for those that want to enjoy stop for refreshment while shopping.
- When did the Farmers Market begin operations?
Started as a one-time event in 1992, the popularity of the Farmers Market led to the opening of a year-round market in May 1993.
- How many people visit the Farmers Market?
Currently, approximately 15 – 25,000 faithful shoppers attend the market weekly on Saturdays and about 5 – 7,000 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Who is behind the Farmers Market?
The Ferry Plaza Farmers Market is a certified farmers market operated by the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA). A CUESA goal is to achieve 100 percent representation by farmers and prepared food vendors whose crops and/or ingredients are grown using sustainable methods. The market currently draws on about 100 farmers and 25 artisan food vendors.
- Are there boutique hotels nearby?
We highly recommend the elegant Hotel Vitale, right across the street from us, on the corner of The Embarcadero and Mission streets. They have beautiful rooms, a world class spa, and breathtaking views from their balconies facing the bay.
- Are dogs allowed in the building?
- Dogs are not allowed in the building, it’s the law.Under the provisions of the California Health and Safety Code, it is stated that “customers shall not bring any live animals into any food facility”. We ask you to respectfully comply by not bringing your dog or other pets to the Ferry Building Marketplace or CUESA‘s Farmers Markets located outside on the Ferry Building. Exceptions: Guide Dog for the Blind / Signal Dog for the Deaf / Service Dog for the Disabled or Handicapped.